Taylor Made Fireplaces – Coronavirus Response
The current government and WHO guidance for the prevention of spread of COVID-19 follow two basic principles – social distancing (where possible) and sanitary controls (in particular the washing of hands). With this in mind, Taylor Made have put in place the following fundamental principles of working.
Exposure Protection Zone
We have identified 4 separate Exposure Protection Zones in the company; the machining bay, the finishing bay, the offices, and the showroom. Anybody entering an EPZ will be required to wash their hands with soap and water on entering them (or use hand sanitiser). Once inside the EPZ, social distancing must be observed at all times.
Office staff will be required to keep their EPZ well ventilated during the working day.
For our Field Workers, the room (kitchen, lounge, etc) in which you are working will become your EPZ. We will be asking our customers to:
- provide you with exclusive washing and toilet facilities
- Keep out of the room (your EPZ) in which you are working AT ALL TIMES
- Provide us with a contact number for you to use to communicate with the customer whilst on site
- Advise us of any exposure to COVID-19 members of the household have had in the last 2 weeks
In return, we will require our Field Workers to observe the following measures
- When you arrive on site, knock on the door, take four steps back and maintain this distance from the householders and other trades at all times.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds when arriving on site, as per the government guidance
- Take your breaks in your van (your Personal Space)
- Not to use public services unless in an emergency.
- Not to use local shops or facilities during your working days, for any reason.
- Bring your lunch and drinks with you, in sealed containers.
- Wash your hands frequently during the day, particularly before and after eating or drinking, and after taking a toilet break.
- If you are leaving your EPZ or Personal Space for any reason during the day, please make sure disposable gloves, shoe covers and visor (or mask and glasses) are worn.
- Overalls shall be worn whilst on site, but taken off before entering your Personal Space. These are to be laundered every day.
Each employee will be allocated a Personal Space. Only you will be allowed to enter your Personal Space. You will be issued with sanitising wipes which are to be used to clean your Personal Space at the start of every day. If you leave your Personal Space for any reason during the working day, you will be required to sanitise your hands upon re-entering your Personal Space. This will maintain a safe and healthy workspace in which you can concentrate on the job in hand.
For our Field Workers, your van will be your personal space. For the time being, Field Workers are not to share vehicles to travel to their jobs. Each Field Worker will be allocated their own vehicle which they will be required to sanitise at the start of every day, paying particular attention to controls and switches. If you leave your vehicle for any reason during the working day, you will be required to sanitise your hands upon re-entering your van, your Personal Space.
Personal Protective Equipment
There are times during the working day when it will not be possible to carry out your work duties and maintain social distancing. At these times the following PPE shall be worn
- Respiratory Mask in conjunction with Safety Glasses, or
- Face Visor
These times should be kept to a minimum, and we will be working on ways to reduce such interactions where possible.
Reducing Social Distancing Pinch Points
In order to reduce the social contact at the start and end of the working day, we will be introducing staggered start and finish times. You will be issued with a start and finish time for your working day
which you will be required to observe for the duration of social distancing controls.
Break times will also be reduced in length and staggered. Morning break will be reduced to 15 minutes paid break, and lunch break will be reduced to 30 minutes unpaid. You will be issued with your break times which you will be required to observe.
Office staff will liaise with their Line Manager with regards timing of breaks.
As we are all aware, a high temperature and/or a new persistent cough are indicators of a possible COVID-19 infection. If you have any of these symptoms, you are required to self-isolate for 7 days. DO NOT COME TO WORK.
A thermometer will be available for any employees to take their temperature at the start, at the end, or at any time during the working day. If in doubt, check it out. Please do not ‘power through, and hope you feel better in the morning’. We all have a fundamental duty to protect the health and well-being of our workmates and their households.
If anyone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19, you are required to self-isolate for 14 days. DO NOT COME TO WORK.
RAMS – Risk Assessment, Method Statement
The information contained in this document is supplementary to our Health and Safety Policy, and as such all RAMS will be modified to reflect these controls. For the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, these controls will form part of your contractual obligations. The measures outlined above will be supported by the Company’s disciplinary controls.